Single port counter
Implementation and operation of an information system that automates, optimizes and secures the business processes of private and public actors in a port community in the form of a concession.
Enable Port Authorities, Customs Authorities and Port Communities to facilitate and secure international trade operations through the establishment of the Single Port Counter.
By subcontracting to a private operator the implementation and operation of the Port Single Window, in the form of a concession, the State selects, in the interest of the operators of the port supply chain, a concessionaire delivering a reliable solution thanks to skills and expertise recognised worldwide.
The concession is the most effective way to move towards rapid modernization, while significantly reducing implementation risks and benefiting from a high level of service quality through key performance indicators and capacity building.
The concession allows the creation of a joint venture between the concessionaire and local stakeholders in the form of a public-private partnership. This PPP makes it possible to strengthen the links between the members of the port community and to create common objectives, which will promote the improvement and therefore the competitiveness of the port. In this context, the concessionaire will ensure the financing of the Port Single Window in terms of investment and operating costs.
As a concessionaire, the BUREAU VERITAS - SOGET Group combines the skills of a world leader in port software in compliance with the SAFE standards of the World Customs Organisation, SOGET with those of a world leader in trade facilitation services and the security of inspection programmes initiated by States, BUREAU VERITAS. The combination of BUREAU VERITAS' operational know-how and SOGET's technological and business expertise generates an offer totally in line with the strategic objectives of the Port Authorities.
Set up an electronic Single Counter that automates, aggregates, optimizes and secures the business processes of the public and private actors of the port community.
The one-stop counter will facilitate the dematerialization of exchanged documents and the automation of administrative, logistical and customs procedures for import, export, transhipment and transit operations. These electronic document exchanges will be possible thanks to the interoperability between the Port Single Counter and the information systems of public and private organisations.
Finally, the one-stop counter facilitates the compliance of the port centre with international standards for the facilitation and security of international trade.
WHY CHOOSE BUREAU VERITAS?
Main strategic objectives :
- Become the HUB for regional trade and transport of landlocked countries
- Comply with standards for the facilitation and security of international trade
- Increase government revenues
- Establish an environment favourable to the competitiveness of economic operators in port areas
- Increase the country's administrative competitiveness (International Trade and Investment Place).
FAQ - FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What are the key benefits?
- Reduction of costs and lead times for commercial and logistical operations
- Improving the efficiency of the port supply chain
- Acceleration of the passage of goods thanks to the automation of procedures
- Simplification of procedures and formalities for the entry, exit or transit of goods
- Increased transparency in business-administration relations
What is the single counter?
- Electronic submission of all documents required for foreign trade via an Internet application or interfaces
- Data secured and accessible only by authorized entities via an Internet application or interfaces
- Processing and transmission of decisions of the various authorities and members of the logistics and customs community via the information system
- Securing the supply chain through tracking and tracing of goods while ensuring data confidentiality
Possible coupling of additional services to the information system such as a risk management system, a GPS monitoring system or scanners....