Aug. 25 2021
WHO IS SONES?
SONES is the Senegalese National water company that helps Senegalese people to have access to
drinking water wherever they live.
WHAT NEEDs THE PROJECT COVER?
The localities around Saint Louis are experiencing an increasingly pressing need for drinking water. The rampant urbanization of the city of Saint Louis is proportionally increasing the demands and the current system does not allow coverage of the city 24 hours a day.
Thus, SONES plans, through this program, to build hydraulic infrastructures in these localities, in order to permanently reduce the production deficit with which these localities are confronted. This is mainly to build in 20 months duration :
- a water intake in Bango at the level of the bank of the Senegal river;
- a new water treatment station of 12,000 m3 / day in Saint Louis (Khor) including the supply and installation of a main distribution pipe of nominal diameter 500 over 10.5 km and nominal diameter of 250 over 1.3 km;
- construction of a 3,200 m3 water tower in Saint-Louis (Sanar).
HOW WILL BUREAU VERITAS SUPPORT?
The expected services will relate to the following basic missions:
- the solidity of buildings;
- ten-year guarantee of the works;
- condition of the safety of people in buildings.